What are the 4 most important products from Ecuador?
Exports include crude oil and derivatives, shrimp, bananas, coffee, cut flowers, cocoa, and Panama hats. Ecuador’s principal export destinations are the United States, Peru, China, Chile, and Panama.
What does the US export to Ecuador?
In 2019, United States exported $4.72B to Ecuador. The main products exported from United States to Ecuador were Refined Petroleum ($1.47B), Coal Tar Oil ($485M), and Petroleum Gas ($363M).
Who is the most famous person from Ecuador?
Famous people from Ecuador
- Christian Benítez. Soccer. …
- Rafael Correa. Politician. …
- Antonio Valencia. Soccer. …
- Mike Judge. Animator. …
- Atahualpa. Deceased Person. …
- Andrés Gómez. Tennis Tournament Champion. …
- Jefferson Montero. Soccer Midfielder. …
- Felipe Caicedo. Soccer Midfielder.
What is the traditional food in Ecuador?
Ecuador Food and Drink
- Cuy: Roast guinea pig.
- Locro: Soup of potatoes, corn, cheese and avocado.
- Empanadas: Corn pasties stuffed with meat, cheese or vegetables.
- Llapingachos: Cheesy potato cakes.
- Seco de chivo: Goat stew usually served on special occasions.
- Ceviche: Raw seafood ‘cooked’ in lime and chilli.
Why is Ecuador so poor?
Ecuador is one of the countries that don’t require children to obtain an education. … Consequently, lack of education is one of the main causes of poverty in Ecuador. More than 60 percent of the population lives near the poverty line. Because of this, child labor is one of the main sources of income for many of families.
Is Ecuador 3rd world country?
In summary, Ecuador is a third-world country. It meets the standards that are currently used to describe third-world countries. The country has high rates of poverty, a high infant mortality rate, poor prison conditions, and poor education levels.